Sponsors: China Fashion Association and the People’s Government of Xiacheng District, Hangzhou
Organizers: Hangzhou Xiacheng District Cultural and Creative Industry Office, Hangzhou Fashion Designer Association, Zhejiang Wenchuang Group and Dongxin Sub-district Office of Xiacheng District
Co-organizers: Hangzhou Cultural and Creative Association, Hangzhou Fashion Federation and Hangzhou Textile and Apparel E-Commerce Industry Association
II.Contributions solicitation time:
late May 2019 to 19 August 2019
III.Time and place:
May 2019 to October 2019, Xiacheng District, Hangzhou City, China
to further expand the economic scale and weight industry advantages of the design service industry, enhance the international influence of “Design from Xiacheng” and establish the target highland of “China women’s wear in Hangzhou and Hangzhou women’s wear in Xiacheng” and to provide cultural creativity support for setting up Xiacheng Creative Design Center and accelerating the “high-quality development and high-quality life, in-depth promotion of the overall CBD construction and the creation of first-class core urban area of the world famous city” in Xiacheng.
Creative Dress, Quality Life
overseas and domestic (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) fashion brand design enterprises (studios), fashion institutes and fashion enthusiasts.
1. Design and complete the 2020 autumn and winter series of women’s wear (5 to 8 suits) according to the theme of the competition. Prepare 27CM×40CM series colored effect drawing and plane structure drawing, and attach the name of the work to the upper right corner of the effect drawing and the fabric swatch (8CM×8CM) to the lower right corner. Semi-finalists/finalists must make 5 suits of apparels for the final dynamic display.
2. Please write your name and name of the recommending unit on a 27CM×40CM sized paper, which shall be bound with the works. No personal information shall be allowed to appear on pages of works.
3. Materials for competition will not be returned, please keep the manuscripts. The organizing committee shall have the right to promote, publish and display the works and apparels made by participants during the competition.
4. Materials on works must be delivered word-based or image-based for competition.
5. Works for competition must be the participant’s originals. Should there be any copied ones, the participants shall be disqualified for competition or award and cannot take part in this competition within three years.
6. Personal information and certificates on works for competition submitted by participants must be authentic and valid. Those who submit false ones will be disqualified for the completion or awards and will be reported to relevant departments.
7. Participants must observe the rules of the competition strictly and follow the schedules and arrangements.
8. The right of final interpretation to this competition shall be held by the organizing committee.
VIII.Ways of participation:
1. Participants must submit complete materials (design scheme and an application form with photo and a copy of ID card attached thereto).
2. Above materials must be sent to the organizing committee before 19 August 2019 (the deadline).
3. For details, please follow the WeChat official account of Hangzhou Fashion Designer Association.
4. Board and lodging expenses of participants, of which work is qualified for the quarter-final and the final, during the quarter-final and the final in Hangzhou shall be assumed by the organizing committee, while the travelling expenses shall be assumed by representatives of the works.
5. The organizing committee is established in Hangzhou Fashion Designer Association. For any questions, please contact the committee.
IX. Contact information
Address: GaojiaHuayuan, No.8 Fengjing Street, Xiaohe Road, Gongshu District, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province.
Organizing Committee of China International Women’s Wear Design Grand Prix, P.C.: 310015
Tel.: 0571-85102259 \13588036264 Mrs. chen
1. Deadline of contributions solicitation: 19 August 2019
2. Preliminary assessment: mid to late August 2019
Professors from overseas and domestic renowned fashion institutes, senior practitioners of the industry, the person in charge of famous clothing brands or design directors will be invited in the panel of experts for preliminary assessment on the works for competition and give scores. The top 30 pieces (sets) of works will be selected for the re-assessment. Should any works be dropped out of the competition, the vacancies shall be filled by other participants in order of ranks of their scores.
3. Re-assessment: late August 2019
The top 30 pieces (sets) of works selected for the re-assessment shall be made a suit of clothes according to the design scheme submitted, and come to Hangzhou for interview and assessment. The top 20 works will be qualified for the final. The interview and assessment scores will be included in the results of the final.
4. The final and award party: October 2019
Expert panel of the final will score the comprehensive performances of works and set the awards in combination with their scores in the re-assessment (total scores at the final: 30% for the re-assessment and 70% for the final.
1 gold award with a money award of RMB 100,000 Yuan
2 silver awards with a money award of RMB 50,000 Yuan
3 bronze awards with a money award of RMB 20,000 Yuan
4. 6 individual awards with a money award of RMB 10,000 Yuan
5. 8 excellent awards with a money award of RMB 5,000 Yuan
All award-winning designers who stay in Xiacheng District for work or starting businesses can enjoy relevant support policies by Xiacheng District, while those who receive gold, silver and bronze awards are also entitled to one-year use right of sites with certain areas.